Time: 30 Mins
When the weather is warm, one of the best ways to bring people together is with a summer barbecue. Firing up the grill for an outdoor party is a summer classic, but that doesn’t mean you have to stick to a classic menu. In fact, after months of burgers and hotdogs, your friends will probably thank you for switching up the menu.
When it comes to grilling, one of my favorite recipes is this one, for Sweet N Spicy Grilled Shrimp Skewers, which I recommend pairing with All American Coleslaw. This meal doesn’t take hours of prep (it only takes 30 minutes to prep, in fact—though you’ll want to allow plenty of time for draining the cabbage for the slaw), but it tastes gourmet. The secret is in my Sweet N Spicy rub, which adds the perfect kick to this seafood favorite.
|2 lbs.||Raw Shrimp, peeled & deveined, tail on|
|4 Tbls||Chef Brik ‘Original - Sweet N Spicy Rub’|
|1/4 head||Green Cabbage, thinly sliced|
|1/4 head||Red Cabbage, thinly sliced|
|1 each||Carrot, thinly sliced|
|3 Tbs||Sour Cream|
|1/2 tsp||Dry Mustard|
|2 tsp||Chives, Chopped|
|to taste||Kosher salt|
|to taste||Fresh Ground Black Pepper|
|Garnish||Lime Wedges & Cilantro Sprigs|
- Preheat the grill to medium high
- Take the shrimp & rub on the ‘Chef Brik Original Sweet ‘N’ Spicy Rub’
- Skewer 3 - 4 shrimp on each skewer & set aside
- Begin to grill the shrimp about 2-3 mins on each side
- Take a plate and add the coleslaw & place grilled shrimp skewers on top
- Garnish with lime wedges & cilantro
- Generously salt & sugar the cabbage & drain in colander for 1½ hours.
- Rinse the cabbage thoroughly & dry
- In a separate bowl, combine buttermilk, sour cream, mayonnaise, dry mustard & chives.
- Whisk to combine evenly & season with salt, pepper & sugar
- Toss the cabbage and carrot with the dressing to serve
Bon Appétit & Enjoy